Gibbs Unnumbered Rules


  • "Never date a woman that eats more than you do." - Singled Out, but Tony said it.
  • In my country, on my team, working my cases, my people don't bypass the chain of command.
  • The "Unspoken Rule" (Franks): You do what you have to do for family. (Season 8, Episode 1)
  • Don't work the system when you can work the people.
  • Don't stop checking and rechecking evidence until you are satisfied.
  • If you want to find something, you follow it. (Said by Gibbs to Mike Franks in "Deliverance," Episode 6x15. Gibbs then added, "I learned that one from you, Mike.")
  • Besides Rule 13, Gibbs has 6 other rules involving lawyers, but, according to DiNozzo, "You only need to know number 13; it's the umbrella one."
  • Never second guess yourself in a relationship and life.